Top Tips for Buying Water Pumps
Water pumps are essential when you need to increase the flow rate and pressure of water. For example, you could need to pump water from an underground reservoir to an above-ground tank. Besides, the pump can be used for irrigation or to circulate water through your hot water system at home. Below is a guide discussing the considerations to make when buying a water pump.
It is an essential, yet overlooked, consideration when buying a water pump. Primarily, you should assess the reputation of the various manufacturers to determine which pumps are durable and reliable. Inquire what problems your preferred pump is likely to develop and how easy it is to conduct these fixes. Besides, ensure that the pump has a warranty and manufacturer support services such as free installation. Ultimately, you are better off with an expensive but durable pump as opposed to a cheap product that breaks down every few weeks.
Below are some essential pump features to look out for:
- The pump size. If you want a portable pump, you would be interested in the pump's design, size, and weight.
- The flow rate of the pump refers to the amount of water it can pump within a specified period.
- The maximum head of the pump is the vertical distance that the equipment can pump a liquid. It is an essential consideration if you intend to pump water to storey above or from a well.
- The type of motor. Water pumps can be electric, petrol, diesel, or manual powered. While electric and manual powered pumps are environmentally friendly, their use is limited to areas with electricity. For manual pumps, you will easily tire when using the pump.
- Check the materials used to build the pump. Typically, go for hardened and rust-free materials that can withstand the pump's vibrations and weathering.
New Versus Used Water Pumps
Most buyers are often conflicted over whether to buy a new or used pump. Well, the answer to this is pretty simple. New pumps are your best bet when you need quality equipment that will last for years. Used pumps, on the other hand, would be an excellent choice for people who cannot afford new pumps. When buying a used pump, your primary concern would be the condition of the pump. Preferably, ask an accredited professional to inspect the pump. Additionally, ask the seller for a guarantee and receipts to prove that they own the pump.
When buying a water pump, go for reputable manufacturers, check the features of the pump and determine whether you need a new or used pump. Learn more by contacting Davey water pump suppliers.