Advantages and Disadvantages of Diamond Core Drilling
Are you looking for a core drilling technique that will match the specific requirements of your project? Then consider diamond drilling because of its effective and versatile nature. Diamond core drilling allows for many different surface types to be tackled, and in a reliable way too. To help you decide if diamond core drilling is the right option for you, take a look at the following advantages and disadvantages of choosing it:
Advantages of Diamond Core Drilling
To find out why it is a good reason to opt for diamond core drilling, consider the following points:
- Speed of operation: the speed of diamond core drilling is faster than alternatives, and that is due to the high amounts of pressure that the diamond drill bit is able to exert on the material it is drilling through.
- Safety: there are machines that can execute diamond core drilling operations via remote controls. This means that if the drilling needs to be done in an unsafe area, then it is beneficial to have the option of using an automated diamond core drilling machine.
- Accuracy: the drill bits can withstand tough forces, and for that reason you can expect the material you are drilling to have the hole at the end of the drilling process that is desired.
- Drill through various material types: with diamond core drilling, you will not be limited to drilling in certain areas, because it is a method that is able to drill through any type of material.
Disadvantages of Diamond Core Drilling
For a balanced view of diamond drilling, you should make the effort to consider the following disadvantages:
- Dust: with diamond drilling, not much dust will accumulate, but some will and this tends to get within the components of the machinery. Therefore, you will need to frequently open up your machinery in order to clean the dust off. It is a maintenance task that could eat into production time.
- Kick back: some diamond core drilling machinery will have a very strong kick back. You have to be ready for this and strong enough to be able to take the physical punishment.
- Expensive: diamond drill bits can be very expensive, and this is especially true if you need large drill bits. Therefore, you might find that the cost of your operations will increase. However, if your project is under tight deadline limitations then this extra cost might be worth it.
For more information, contact Mastercut Concrete Aust Pty Ltd.