Arborists are tree specialists who are not just trained to take care of your basic landscaping, but also trained to provide a number of other valuable services. If you're looking to hire an arborist for your yard needs, here is a breakdown of everything they can offer you.
Arborists are trained to know everything possible about the management of trees, shrubs and other plants.They mostly identify health issues in vegetation. In terms of tree management, arborists can offer you services that include,
- Removing Stumps -- if your yard is littered with the stumps of trees, an arborist can determine the best method to get rid of those dangerous stumps. Typically, stumps are removed either by grinding them down to ground-level and removing the wood chips or by using heavy machinery to excavate the stump from the ground and pull it free of its roots. Grinding is easier and less costly because there's no need to dig into the roots of the tree to level the stump. An arborist would use a cutting machine to perform the grinding, which is also green-friendly, as the resulting wood chips can be re-used as mulch to help your grass grow.
- Pruning -- this is a process in which an arborist would chop or lop various branches of your trees in order to get rid of dead organic material or to ensure that branches don't get tangled in power lines, which can be dangerous. Pruning is also a creative process that allows an arborist to shape your tree into a pleasing appearance.
- Transplantation -- in some instances, an arborist may determine that the location of a tree will cause future problems and may recommend transplanting that tree to a new, more desirable location on your property. Transplanting a tree is a delicate procedure that requires the arborist to dig the tree out and ensure that there are enough live roots that will take hold in the new location.
Arborists also offer several consulting services such as,
- Soil Management -- arborists can take samples of your soil to determine if you have the proper balance of nutrients to ensure optimal growth for plants, trees and shrubs.
- Pest Management -- arborists can also perform inspections to determine the kinds of pests that are prevalent in your yard and the methods which they can use to eradicate or control your pest problem.
- Landscape Management -- if you don't have a landscape plan, an arborists can develop an entire design plan that will maximise your available space and help you grow a yard that has great visual appeal.
For more information, contact a company such as Dowling Tree Services.